Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Blog for the reunion

Hey everyone! I hope you were all able to get in so you can post on the blog. Let me know if you have any questions or need any assistance. Hopefully soon we'll have this thing up and flowing with information pertaining to the reunion. :) I'm so excited and ready to have a good time. I just wanted to get a blog up here so everyone knows they have the correct site location. Gotta run......little man is waking up and he won't let me use my laptop without trying to "help" me. :) Lol Bless his heart. Blog away and I'll be checking for updates. SEE YA'LL IN CHI-TOWN.

Hugs and kisses,
Cola and MJ

29 comments:

  1. I think this is a really cool idea. I hope everybody is able to comment,hopefully it'll make the countdown to the reunion go by alot faster. Love you all, and Dez and I can't wait to see everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO ALL!!! Welcome to the official Johnson Family Reunion 2011 Blog. I want to welcome everyone and invite you all to place comments, ideas, or anything else you can think of here for everyone to view. Also, if you know of someone who would like to have access to post comments, please contact me at damagnificent_1@hotmail.com or Nicole at coleycole68@hotmail.com to gain access. Thanks and see you all in July!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to be a hot mess by July 2011 with this blog!!!! (smile) I love that we can always trying new things trying to access everyone's ideas and abilities. Keep me growing y'a'll!!!!
    Love ya-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you auntie!! Time for everyone to come out the stone ages!! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll tell you how out of time I am, I thought I was writing on this blog and I think that I created my own. :) I think that I will cut from the one that I did by mistake and paste it here. Maybe you spoke too soon Marcus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to everyone who responded to the questions that I posed. In the future will send one or two questions at a time with a suspense date. After that date, I will go with the majority response.

    1. Should we have a registration fee?
    Tee: Why would we need a registration fee? Have Van and Cassandra come up with anything for dinner as a group? How about church on Sunday? From the articles that I've read on Taste of Chicago, it seems that this event is overpriced and not as good as it used to be.

    Felita: No, each family should take care of their own expenses.
    Kenney: no

    2. Suggestions for reunion colors:
    Tee: Orange and fuchsia, green and hot pink, black with any eye-popping color, chocolate brown and pink, or chocolate brown and aqua. (These are suggested color schemes for Summer 2011.)
    Felita: lime green and yellow
    Kenney: royal blue and lime green

    3. Theme:
    Tee: The chain may be shorter but it is still strong.
    Felita: Breezing into the windy city.


    4. The traveling quilt:
    Tee: At Steph's.
    Felita: At one point we said that we'd add a square to the quilt to show what has changed for each family since the previous reunion. What ever happened to that idea? Maybe we can do squares but we may need a way to keep track of them. I do not think that we can add a square to an already completed quilt. Cassandra, what can you tell us?


    5. Skits
    Tee: No skits. This is just going to be a time to be with each other doing what we want, with whom we want, when we want with the exception of a group dinner and church for those who want to attend. Let's not over plan it.
    Felita: I would like skits. Maybe we can do a couple each time each night that we come together for dinner.
    Kenney: yes

    Please add comments to each question. I will post final choices NLT August 15, 2010. All postings on August 15, 2010 will be final. Please be sure to add your input.

    Flo accepted her assignments as invitation and t-shirt designer. As a matter of fact, she already has a rough sketch based on a suggestion from DJ. :) She said that V-neck tshirt won the vote. I asked her to see if we can get different style t-shirts since several different people requested one or more of all three styles.
    The only ones that I did not hear from were Van and Cassandra - local activities/events.

    I read the checklist and it seems that our t-shirt can serve as a souvenir. Steph - Do you want to make any other souvenir?

    This is all for now. I will try to figure how to blog and will post you later. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Each family should cover their own costs.

    2. Chocolate brown and pink or orange and red.

    5. I think skits would be fun for whoever wants to show off their talent, I love watching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was from Aunt Steph, but in another posting:

    stephanie said...
    I don't understand why we would need a registration fee. For what? I thought we were all taking care of our own expenses. Let me know so I can support either way. Eric and I started our Smarty Pig savings accounts just for the reunion. We are going to be ready.
    I will go along with any color, but light blue! (smile) Sorry Marc-

    Theme idea: "The Johnson's have blown into the windy city!"

    I will have additional mementos for the reunion other than our shirts.

    The quilt I had Cassandra make for the reunion at my house is the "traveling" quilt. Before I bring it to the reunion I will add something to it to mark a big event in my life. Then we will select who takes it for the next time. Adding squares would not be possible but for example if Nicole had it this year she could sew (or have sewn) a pair of baby booties on it to mark Marquez's birth. The person who gets it next will be able to hang it in their home until they pass it on at the 2013 reuion.

    I'm good either way with the skits. I think the setting will dictate if we can do skits or not.
    August 7, 2010 12:05 PM

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dont think we need a registration fee as each group/family will have their own expenses tailored to what they plan to do while in Chicago.

    Suggestion for reunion colors: navy and red (wink wink Aunt Steph lol)

    Theme idea: Chi-Town. Felt so nice we did it twice!

    Skits: I think if the majority is good with doing them, Saturday would be the best time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steph wants to know how we will decide who gets the travelling quilt next. This is the thing, you will have to add something to it that will tell us something about an event that occurred in your life during the time that you had possession of it. Any ideas? Please respond quickly. A final decision will be made on August 15, 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ya,

    I'm in but I am so confused.

    Love ya,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol!It's ok Aunt Flo, you'll get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who's Mrs. Pee?

    In case you didn't know, I'm Mrs. Pee (Tee, Tammy, Aunt Tee Tee, Momma). When I used to blog on another blogspot, my name was Mrs. Pee. I guess I'll keep it at this time. 8-)

    Cassandra and Van, anything to do in
    Chitown?

    ReplyDelete
  14. The suspense date for the 5 questions that I asked is today. I will collect the data and put the results in the October Reunion Coordinator's Newsletter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks to everyone that responded to the August 15th suspense date for the 5 questions. I need another vote on the following two questions:

    CHOOSE 1 of the 5 CHOICES FOR OUR T-SHIRT:

    a. Breezing into the Windy City
    b. The Johnson's have blown into the Windy City!
    c. All of our Angels are hanging out in the Windy City with Us.
    d. Not even the Windy City can blow us away.
    e. Windy City...the 2011 Johnson Family Reunion blew in.

    These are put to a final vote because they work best with the t-shirt design. When choosing your favorite colors (out of the ones listed below) consider that the design has the Chicago skyline bending in the wind with our 3 angels hanging on to the top of the Sears Tower.

    2. THESE ARE THE TOP SEVEN MOST POPULAR COLORS. CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE TWO:
    lime green, yellow, red, turqoise blue, chocolate brown, orange, pink

    Please respond to this request for information no later than August 23, 2010.

    Also, don't forget to reserve your hotel rooms as soon as possible if you want to get the discount rate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey family,
    I will be putting in my dad's vote for these two since he isn't apart of the blog.

    Van: 1.Windy City...the 2011 Johnson Family Reunion blew in.
    2. Red, Turqoise blue

    Desi: 1.Windy City...the 2011 Johnson Family Reunion blew in.
    2.Red, Orange

    Also, my (Desi) new email address is sunshine52106@yahoo.com. I haven't been receiving the reunion newsletter,so I thought it might have been because whoever sends it out doesn't have my new email address. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. My votes:
    1. All of our Angels are hanging out in the Windy City with Us.

    2. Red + Turqoise Blue

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I am so happy with all of the contact that these last two quesion generated. I've had a zillion telephone calls as well as two texts.

    Desi thanks for responding for your old daddy. Why isn't Van a part of the blog? Please get him hooked up. He's worst than me when it comes to this new technology. :) By the way, has Van changed his email address? I have "faithchild..." If he has changed it, please send me his new email address. Thanks!
    I will update your email address for the October 2010 Reunion Coordinator's Newsletter.

    Another question for everyone: ARE YOU INTERESTED IN TAKING A GROUP PHOTO? If so, do we want a professional photo or should we have someone from our group take one? What should we wear - T-shirt or a dressy pose? s: 8/23/10

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think we can have someone from our group take one and in the T-shirts. With all the folks we know that know someone that knows someone, we can come up with a photographer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aunt Lete, I'll try to get him in the loop with the blog. He said his email address is: Vjohnson7238@sbcglobal.net.

    Thanks for adding my new email address. I wanna stay in the loop as much as possible for the reunion.

    I think a group photo would be great. I don't think a professional is necessary but I'm ok either way. And I think it would be cute in the t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think Mark and Desi live for our comments and questions. I want to thank them for being the first to respond to everything that is put on this blog. Way to keep hope alive! Welcome to two old dinosaurs - Van and Sonny. Now I know that times have changed. :) I look forward to your input.

    Another question: DOES THE SHERATON HAVE AN AIRPORT SHUTTLE?

    Flo needs that information for her flyer.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ok Aunt Lete I admit: I Desirae Johnson am addicted to the 2011 Reunion blog. So please everyone comment like crazy to feed my addiction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi there Joe! Glad to see you on-board the Johnson Family Reunion Blog.

    Desi, I will do what I can to continue to feed your addiction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm with Desi! I check the blog daily either from home or work to see the latest news. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like chocolate brown & turquoise.

    I'll go along with the majority, for the theme for our t-shirts. (Please make sure that the grammar and spelling are correct.)

    I always like the group photo in our t-shirts. If the photographer is part of our group, how will he/she be included in the group photos?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey family, if someone could post the number to the Sheraton I would appreciate it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The numbers you can call for the Sheraton is 1-877-242-2558 or 1-800-325-3535.

    ReplyDelete